Saturday, August 1, 2009

R.I.P. Titus Glover (Baatin)

When I woke up this morning and checked the tweets on my phone I read Dwele's tweet about Baatin being dead and then it was confirmed by 9th wonder and all the other hiphop sites. Today was already a sad day to me because its been a year since my aunt died and my aunt was the reason I found out about hip hop because she listened to Snoop Dogg and I remember one time I was in her car and she was listening to Kanye West that was when I truly started to like hip hop through Kanye I found out about Slum Village because he was featured on the song Selfish. Well one thing led to another and I found out about Dilla and instantly I was a fan of SV which was originally T3, Jay Dee, and Baatin. As a society we need to appreciate people while they are alive and I really cant stress that enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment